Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- As a patient you have the right to be registered with a doctor.
- Be able to change your doctor quickly and easily.
- Be offered a health check on registration or if over 75yrs
- Receive emergency care
- Have appropriate drugs & medication prescribed
- Be referred to a hospital consultant when necessary and be referred for a second opinion if required.
- Have access to health records in accordance with the law.
- Be given detailed information about services.
- Choose whether or not to take part in medical research or student training.
- Receive a copy of this leaflet and receive a full and prompt reply to any complaint.
- You can expect appropriate care from a doctor or nurse.
- We ask you to treat us all with courtesy and respect.
- Keep your appointment or let us know straight away that you are unable to attend.
- Attend for your appointment on time. Arrive 10 minutes earlier.
- Be patient, some problems take longer than others to sort out.
- Accept that your health is your responsibility we can help you with it but not take over.
- Take up the offer of health checks, immunizations, cervical smears, breast screening etc.
- Inform us of any change of address or telephone number.